Monday, January 3, 2011

Something Positive in the day of Negatives...!!

Today was a pretty nasty day as the events unfolded till afternoon.

I woke up pretty late at around 11:00 am (since i am enjoying my holidays). I get the call from my love. She tells me that she has returned to chandigarh from out of station. Her bus has just dropped her at sector 43 bus stand and she would be leaving for her home in panchkula on her activa that is parked at the bus stand. She said she would not be able to meet me as she was very tired. So, i get back into my 'rajai' for a little nap.

Just after a few minutes, I recieve another call from her. She tells me that her activa is not getting started. I ask her to kick start the activa and use the choke and give a little race but she says its not starting. I ask if i am required to come over their but she, being a hardcore feminist, refuses to take my help and says that she would handle her on her own (I dont know why girls call for help when they are not interested to take any help but they also know that they just can't do it on their own... :P). So, she hangs up the phone.

Again after a few minutes, she calls me and asks me finally to come over there. She asks me to bring a mechanic as a number of people tried to start her activa but all in vain. I say i would reach out to her in another 15-20 minutes. So, i get ready and leave, telling my bro and mom that i am leaving on my bike to sector 43 to help a friend and would return in around an hour.

As i leave, i again get a call from her asking me to bring a mechanic and be quick. I told her that there was no need of a mechanic and as i get there, i would start her activa. I knew that problem would certainly be due to very cold weather and a few kicks along with choke would start the activa in no time. I myself had an activa sometime back at home and i had faced similar problem a number of times.

So, i kick start my bike and there i go to meet her. Right in the middle, my bike closes down. I try to kick start but find it stuck. I know, i am in for some serious trouble. So, i call my brother to pick me up from my place as the bike has got stuck. He reaches there in another 15 minutes. Even he tries to kick the bike but the kick is stuck and it wont move an inch down. the self start was already not working. So, we leave the bike on roadside and move forward to sector 43. When my bike had stopped in the middle, i had again recieved a call from my girl and she again insisted me to bring a mechanic. I initially refused to bring one along but when she begged for it, i had to do as per her wish. So i with my brother take a mechanic from sector 43 and reach her place. My bro asked me who this friend of mine actually is and i told him that he would know it with a shock after just a few minutes.

Just as we are entering the parking area of sector 43 bus stand, i saw my girl standing right in front and i ask my bro to park the car nearby as i had seen my friend in front. My brother could see only one girl standing in the parking and no one else and i knew that this was going to be the most embarassing moment of my life with i introducing my bro to my girl in such a way. Anyways, we move close to her and i introduce them to each other as they both looked at me in shock...!! :P.

I ignored their look and directly asked her which one was her activa. Then i tried a couple of kicks on it with choke and it had started well. my girl looked at me again in awe. It seemed as if she was still not out of the first shock of meeting my brother and i had given her the second shock of the day of kickstarting the activa in just a couple of kicks. But she was not convinced and neither was my brother and so, both ask the mechanic to see it in detail as if he had a magic stick. I had to stand out as the majority opinion was against me. My bro knew i was right but he had to side with the girl he had just met as my friend. The mechanic starts work on the activa as if he is writting one of the most difficult code in IT or hacking one of the most secure site.. :P

After sometime and a lot of effort, he rips apart every part of the activa and starts his research on it. After another half an hour, he finally assembles everything and gives us the activa started. My girl tries its kick a few times and is finally convinced that her activa is finally fine. All this time when the mechanic was working on the activa, we three were only doing two things--- looking at each other and giving some weird look or a smile and looking at the mechanic and activa.

Now, after the work is done, we ask HOW MUCH to the mechanic. He says 200 and i say what have you done that you are charging this high amount. He had not changed any part and for labour, 200 was too much. I knew it and he knew it but my innocent and working girl, who hardly cares about money did not know it and readily paid the amount even before i could bargain. I was angry at her but it was not time to be angry at her but love her.

So, just as she was leaving, i say the two usual words.. "Love ya" and requested for the same from her. She had refused to say those words in the past but my today's efforts were different from those in the past and she says the two words and makes my day... :P (This was the only positive thing in the whole day or may be not.. :P)

Then i and bro take the mechanic to the place where my bike was left stranded in the morning... :P. The mechanic checks the bike and gives us the horrible news that the bike's engine has frozen as the engine oil in the bike had finished and now, it would take more than 3000 rupees to repair it. I just couldn't believe what i had just heard. So, my bro takes the car home and i return pushing my bike for around a kilometer and taking a lift from a biker for another 200 meters (That was the 2nd and last positive thing today). I just return home and sleep.

Certainly a great day and i loved it for the most part but now, i hate it since i won't be able to ride my bike for another week. I guess all stories don't end on a positive note  but certainly, we can draw a few positives out of every story.. :P

P.S. - My dear friends and this girl and have requested me to not mention her as my girl or GF so i tell you all that she is not my GF but one of the most dearest friend of mine who is a girl and i just love her in that sense.. :P

4 comments:

  1. humne toh engineering padhi thi, But you applied it. :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks rahul, but i wonder where i applied my engineering??? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. U can now start a scooty workshop in OTA...good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wont work but i am sure, a plan to help women will certainly work in OTA and i would surely get some partners also for that plan... :P

    ReplyDelete