Friday, January 7, 2011

4th Jan,2011 - Almost losing out everything but the last penny & celebrations...!!

In the evening, i was at my friends place when my brother messaged me to pick him up from Mani Majra at around 9:00 pm and so reach the place around 8:30 pm. I was busy with some work and knew that i wont be able to reach by 8:30 pm and would reach by 9:00 pm only. Then as i completed my work, i recieved a call from my brother asking me where i was??? I told him i was just coming to take him and would reach his place in 5 minutes (I shouldn't have said 5 minutes since i was still in sector 22 and it would have taken me around 15 - 20 minutes till i reach his place - THAT WAS MY BIG MISTAKE). So, I quickly started my vehicle to reach bro. While I was driving, i recieve a call from my dear friend, Mr. A, who asks me why i was not picking up my dear friend Ms. D's calls who had been calling me for the past half an hour without a break. I told him that i had not recieved even a single missed call from her and asked him that why would i not pick up her call when i love her so much (only as a dear friend). I ask him to call me after half an hour as i was driving and was in a hurry since i was already late to pick up my brother. I hang up the phone and finally reach my brother's place at around 9:20 pm.

My bro was furious over me. He told me that i never respect my time as well as other's times and this would cost me dearly if i dont amend my ways. He was certainly very angry at me. The reason for him being more angry over me than usual was that today we were all in a celebration mood at home due to some good news. He wanted to reach home today early so as to celebrate but i had made him late and that too by nearly 20 minutes, the time for which he had to stand on road in this shivering winter. I had somewhat subdued the occasion. I admitted that i was guilty but could not see any reprieve at that time.He just threw the bag in the car and asked to move to the side seat to let him drive. Now as we were driving back home, my girl calls me. I could not talk to her comfortably as i didnt want any more troubles with my brother. So, i act as if i am unable to listen to the person's voice and even ask who's speaking even though i had recognised her just by her "breathe" (:P). As she introduces her and starts shouting at me that i didnt pick her phone the whole evening and blocked her number,i could just say that why would i do that and even if there could have been a reason, i wont take such a step of blocking her on my phone. But she would not listen to any of my arguments and holding me guilty of ending the relationship, she hung the phone on my face. I just had to act as if nothing happened in front of my brother who was just sitting besides me all this time, to avoid any further wrath from his side.

We reach home. We have dinner and dad joins us. We finally get into the celebration mode and atleast for sometime, my bro forgives me for being late and we party. After i am finished i call my girl from my father's number (since my phone had low balance that was insufficeint to make a call but only enough to send one local message :P). She picks up the phone, listens to me for around a few seconds and then cuts the call. I then try 10 to 15 calls on her number after which she finally picks up the phone. I told her all that happened in the day and that i had not recieved even a single call from her the whole day. I finally managed to convince her but could still feel the sadness in the depth of her voice. I knew she was still not happy but she even didn't want to talk. I told her to talk only for a few more minutes as the balance in my dad's phone was also going to finish. She heard me patiently and finally the call got cut. I had told her by then what all i had to say but was still not convinced about her being happy. Then i got back to some work but was not able to do anything as my mind was still preoccupied with the memories of the day. So after holding on to my patience for almost a couple of hours (yes, it was quiet late by then.. :P), i finally used the last penny that i was left with to message her. I had only this one chance tonight and i had to use it wisely (and i guess, i did..!! :P). I had just 160 words that i could accomodate in my last message and i had to be super great in that to make things work.
The last paisa did do its work and i get a call from her but not before another half an hour wait and i guess that was a wait worth waiting for. Finally she understands the whole thing and the celebrations and she joined in on phone.

Thus, before ending my day, i had it all right which seemed all wrong once the evening began... Thanks to god for that... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment