Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Being lucky while being lazy... !! - Sometimes Laziness is a bliss... :P

Today morning, i was reading my newspaper at around 11 am when my mom asked me to check the landline BSNL phone that was not working since some wire had got broken inside. I checked it and found myself too lame to correct it (That's an engineer for you - the future of this great nation - who is just too lazy to repair anything at home even when he is fully free... :-(... :P). So i instead of making any efforts to repair the broken wiring, instantly called BSNL office, registered the complaint and noted my complaint ID. Just as i finished the call and music again started playing on my phone, as it was earlier on, I notice the BSNL employee from my balcony, standing right in front of us. I immediately shouted at him and asked him to stop and look at my phone that was not working as i had registered a complaint. The person asks his colleague if there was any complain, to which he replies in negative. There must not have been any complaint known to them as i had just finished my call regarding the complain and that complain could not have been transferred to them so quickly (because its a PSU in India, famous for delaying work :P).

So, i told them that i had just complained and it couldn't have reached them so quickly and i urge him to still please see the connection as otherwise he would have to return again here to get it repaired. Though i did not expect him to come up to repair the phone as he was a government employee who are expected to take it easy but he infact came up and repaired the phone without charging anything. That was just too good an experience. I believe i was lucky this day.. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment