Saturday, January 1, 2011

My New Year's Eve

Well, the two main central characters in this real story are My best friend 1 - Mr. A and his GirlFriend - Ms. B. Others in the story include Mr. C (Another best friend of mine) and Ms. D (my love and my dearest friend).

The story started somewhat before new year. Mr. A was very upset with his job in one of the cities of Uttar Pradesh. He badly wanted to come to chandigarh and meet his GF here. He had already messaged everyone that he will be coming to chandigarh on new year's eve and would meet all the friends in chandigarh. But the Gf had refused to meet. She had cited opposition from her family as the reason. Her relatives were to visit her place. Mr. A was now down and out. he told me the whole situation.

Now, Mr. C, who is our common friend knew the girl very well but knew very little about this situation. So i call him up and ask him to convince the girl that she should call upon Mr. A to chandigarh and should meet him. But the GF was difficult to be convinced. Infact, she told Mr. A about the whole call of Mr. C. That was pretty bad. We didn't want to tell Mr. A that we were trying to hook them up. Anyways, the girl never knew that it was me who told Mr. C to make her the call and convince her. But now, even me and Mr. C were starting to get down and out. So Mr. C played this prank. He changed his facebook status from SINGLE to MARRIED. Mr. A immediately got pissed off and called me up to apprise me of the whole thing. I just told him to chill. Now, he calls his GF and tells her about Mr. C being married. The girl immediately talks to Mr. C. Now Mr. C tells her that he did this to convince a friend of his that he should go and meet the girl wherever she might be, if he really loves her (he was actually talking about Mr. A and his GF but without letting her know the reality). The girl appreciated Mr. C's concerns for his friend. Mr. C finding the right opportunity again tried to convince the girl that she should meet Mr. A on new year's eve. He even challenged her to meet Mr. A at any time on 31st december and he would give her a party. But she refused to budge from her stand. She knew that she would not be able to meet Mr. A. Mr. A had even talked to her and known this undeniable fact. So, he messaged everyone that he wont be coming to chandigarh on 31st and would spend the new year at his home on the outskirts of delhi.

But he called me up to let me know that he is coming on 30th night and wont meet anyone else and requested me not to tell anyone else. My friends know me that "I am the best at keeping secrets" but they may be revealed through this blog... :P. Mr. A even told his GF that he will come to chandigarh and meet her under all circumstances on 31st dec. Everyone else just knows that Mr. A is not coming. By the way, Mr. A had now become normal over Mr. C's prank and had known by now that that was a prank played for him only (Yes, i had told him everything...!!!).

So, comes 30th night when i recieve Mr. A in chandigarh. The occasion was more special than the muasam that was awesome due to the little drizzle that night. We went to Sector 17 to have dinner. I had desperately called that night to meet my love, Ms. D but she could not come. I was upset over not being able to meet her. But i guess the best was in store for the next day, when two best friends find their love at two awkward moments... :P

Mr. A had slept at my place. We slept at around 3 am in the night after discussing about the two girls and having planned how, when and where to meet the two girls. We got up quiet late at around 9. I was still in bed at 9:30 am when my love called me. She asked me to meet her at 10am in sector 17. I knew i had to hurry up but i also knew that i would be late as always (yes...!! For all those who dont know about my this habit, let me tell them. 9 out of 10 times i am late and that too pretty badly but that one time i am always early so as to allow others to take their revenge on me... Am i not really a humble guy...!!). So, we reach 17 at around 10:30am (Being late ONLY by half an Hour - Thats normal... :P). We greet each other and go on our search for a few interesting gifts that Mr. A had thought of giving to his GF. But our badluck. We searched every gift shop and every archies and hallmark galleries but all in vain. Further, I had said something that really hurt Ms. D and she was even more upset with me now (She was already upset over me being late). Just as it seemed everything was going bad for the three of us, Mr. A recieve a call from his GF who said she would meet him in half an hour at Aroma in sector 22. Now, i could sense some change in the mood of everyone. They were finally going to meet, though i and Ms. D were still not on. So, we wait at aroma for the girl. I, in the mean time tried to cheer up Ms. D. She finally gave that killer smile and i knew i had got her on. Just then Ms. B arrives. Mr. A introduces her to both of us. We talk for some time and then I and my girl decide to leave the two of them. We decided to meet at lake in a couple of hours.

I got the opportunity i was looking for - some time alone with my girl. At the same time, Mr. A got to spend some time alone with his girl. So, i take on my girl for a long ride. We both told each other that how much we love each other and how much we both miss each other (though we fight whenever we talk). So, we had our moments and the other two, i guess, were also having theirs.

After a couple of hours, we reach the lake. We meet the two of them. We all spend some quality time together. Before departing, we plead Ms. B to please meet us in the evening for some more lovely moments together, but she refused as her cousins had to visit her place. So, she said that she could not meet us again together. As we depart now, Mr. A tells her that he thinks he bored his girl today. He told us that she was so bored that she even made a call to Mr. C from his phone and told him that she had finally met Mr. A and completed the challenge (remember the challenge made by Mr. C earlier to Ms. B that she can not meet Mr. A on 31st Dec..!!!).(In the background, at this time, Mr. C sends me a message to come online. But i couldn't go online right now as i was not at home... :P) Mr. A was now upset that he could not keep up the mood of his girl today. Then just as Ms. B was departing for her home in her own car, I and Ms. D encourage Mr. A to go and say her how he felt today...!!. So, there he runs out of the car towards her car and meets her and tells her that he had spent some of the best moments of his life today with her. He also apologised her for not being able to keep his mood bright but at the same time, asked her to meet him today in the evening at any cost. Then he returns. We drop my girl at sector 17. My girl leaves for out of station and we reach back home.

At my home, we switch on the internet as Mr. C had messaged me to come online at the earliest. So, here i go online. I chat with Mr. C. He tells me that Mr. A is in chandigarh and with his girl right now but i react as if i dont know anything. I ask him the whole situation that what happened. I express shock over all of this and tell Mr. C that this mut not be possible as Mr. A would have told me if he would have been in chandigarh. Mr. C, being convinced says that Mr. A must have given him a conference call and included his girl in the conference to show as if he is in chandigarh. I further insisted that already Mr. A doesnt tell me anything now because i dont come online too often. I also tell him that i have just enquired from Mr. A and he is at his home in delhi only. So, Mr. C now talks to Mr. A and tells him that his prank has been deciphered but he does not know that Mr. A is actually sitting besides me. So we tell Mr. C that yes, he could not be befooled by Mr. A. He is a genius... :P (well, actually he is but may be not here.. :P). Then, Ms. B tells Mr. A that she is in sector 17 right now with her family and he can meet her there. Great...!!!.. These words were enough to make Mr. A shout at me to start the bike and ride to 17. Their it was more than 10,000 people in a very small area and to make it worse, Ms. B even didnt tell us where she was. She just said "find me if you can" and we stupidly roamed around the whole place. We could not meet her. Then she tells us that she is going to the parking area just behind the sector 17 petrol pump and we could atleast had a glimpse of her there. We ran to the petrol pump and waited from where the cars were coming out. But i guess we were not so lucky as we realised 15 minutes later that we were standing in front of the wrong petrol pump... Great...!! :P.

So, we return back home. My father was anxiously waiting for us to have dinner. After dinner, we walked a little. It was around 11:45pm. Mr. A said that he was not feeling very happy now and just wanted to leave home. So, he messaged her that he is going back home and asked me to drop him at the bus stand.

Now, i call up Ms. B and tell her that he is leaving without meeting you tonight and i wont let that happen. So, i want her to come out of her home at 12 at any cost, with or without her cousins, as i would be outside her home at 12. But i didnt tell Mr. A about it. I just ask Mr. A to just visit his girl's home one last time. Now, at around 12:05 am on 1st jan, 2011 (yes, i made him late again..!! :P), we reach ouside her home where she was talking to her cousins. Mr. A and Ms. B both have a long eye to eye contact while i just keep on driving slowly and slowly. Mr. A now calls Ms. B and says the three ultimate words for which he had waited the whole day. I drop Mr. A at bus stand in sector 17 and he takes the train for back home.

I guess i made his day and it was worth celebrating my new year eve this way... I feel honoured...

P.S. - The whole story may not be totally true but is still quiet true.
          The Characters are all real.
          Ms. D is not actually my love but a very dear frnd of mine who is actually a girl... :P
          I am not the central character.. :P
         And i am not that late lateef... :P
         Happy New Year...!!!

And please too comment to improve.. :P

1 comment: