Friday, March 4, 2011

One last step left...!!!

It was just another day for me. I had been enjoying my life to the fullest after having worked quiet hard earlier. But this wasn't just meant to be any other day in my life.

I had woken up late as was the case for the past few weeks now. My dearest friend called to meet as she didn't have to go to office that day as it was closed due to some occasion. We went to the lake and enjoyed the time. The mausam was just awesome and it felt great to be in her company. After spending a few hours there, i went to my sister's home to have some food in the evening as i hadn't eaten much all day. My friend had left for her friends who had got free now. I was to meet one of my very good friends after a very long time. He is currently working in Orissa and had invited some other of our friends also to Gopals in Sector - 35. After having some food at my sis's place, i reached Gopals on time (for a change) but all came late. The time given was 5:30 pm but everyone reached after 6, including the host but except me. :P

We had just ordered the food when i get a call from one of my friends working in gurgaon. After a few minutes of talking, he finally aked me how was my result??? I told him it's not supposed to come today, not on the third of march but somewhere in the third week of march and asked him to confirm again. He confirmed from his colleagues in office and told me. I was literally shocked to hear that. Just trying to calm myself, i told him to wait for sometime as i would confirm from a few friends and then see and let him know my result.

I make quick calls to my friends in Maharashtra and Bangalore and all confirmed that the result was finally out. I then called my father to inform him that my result was out and told him that i would come late and then check the result. So i went back to my seat in Gopals with my friends and started chatting again. Then i start receiving a huge number of calls one after the other, each asking for the result. I was just trying to calm myself down, telling myself and don't worry and just relax as i would see the result when i reach home. Then i start receiving calls from my family also, asking me to go home and check the result as dad had informed everyone. I tell my friends at Gopals that finally my result is out and now i have to go back to hpme to check.

So, i start my bike and reach home. I open my laptop, switch on the internet and check my result. I feed my roll no into the find box in the pdf file of result and manage to find my roll no. A whole lot of emotions i experience, speechless, unable to move, somewhere feeling like the king of the world and somewhere feeling the most humblest person on earth. After gathering my senses, i finally hear myself saying - "I DID IT, just one last step left..." With tears in my eyes, i hug my dad and thank him for his support throughout this journey. I call everyone in my family and inform them. i call the friend who had told me about the result and thanked him. I called another of my batchmates at college and she is proud of me. Even her mother calls me up and wishes me luck. I receive calls even while dinner, continuously till midnight. Everyone congratulating me.
I am overwhelmed by everyone's love and support. I thank god but moreover i thank all these people who have stood by me through the thick and thin of my life. I don't know how would i be able to pay up for their love but i again thank them.
Thanks to god for giving me such friends.

With tears in my eyes,
and with ambitions to rise,
i thank all and pray,
may they be here when life turns grey...

Thank you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment