Friday, February 25, 2011

Na jeb main paise na bike main petrol, jo tha wo bas ek phata hua atm cum debit card...!!! - But still kept thanking god...

It's strange how some days just turn into nightmares within a few moments. I encountered one such day recently.

I was coming back home from meeting my friend when suddenly petrol in my bike finished. This was not the first time that the fuel tank of my bike had gone empty. A couple of days ago also it had got empty but then i was lucky then. I had called up my friend then who brought some petrol with him in a cottle and then we both went to the petrol pump and got the fuel tank filled. Even that day, i didn't have much money but it was somehow enough to keep my bike moving for a couple of days. But, my ignorance of the fact that even last time i couldn't get enough petrol in the bike had this time come to haunt me hard.

This time, the petrol in my bike finished at the Tribune Chowk. I tried a number of times to start my bike with the few petrol drops that might have been there in the bike but all my efforts went in vain. But i certainly thanked god that atleast this time, i was much much closer to the petrol pump than last time, as the petrol pump is just 100 meters away from the chowk. So, i drag my bike to the petrol pump.

Now, just before gwtting my turn at the filling point, i looked into my wallet, only to find two notes of ten rupees and a few coins. I was shocked to see that and realised how i had spent the money earlier with my friend before reaching here. But i find an ATM cum DEBIT card in my wallet. I thanked god again.

Just as i pulled out my card, i found it to be torn. I was shattered again. Sensing great troubles ahead, i decided to finally call one of my friends to get me out of this situation. But, i guess a lot more drama was in store for me.

I click the dial button for my friend's number and put the phone on my ears, only to hear that "Kindly recharge your phone immediately as balance is insufficient to proceed through the call". I cursed myself and remembered that how i was thinking of recharging my phone in the market, just a few minutes ago when i was driving on my bike. Then i sent a message but found that the message pack had expired the last night only. Now, i was certainly losing hope in the middle of the petrol pump, though i could certainly have petrol worth rupees 25 in my bike...:P

Finallyi decided to ask the person at the petrol pump if he could try my torn card to see if it works. He agreed to try and after around 10 hit and trials with different positions of my card and a few minutes, he told me that my card had worked and asked me to write the pin number. I thanked god again and pressed the necessary buttons. He inserted the amount but told me that my card didn't have money. I was shocked the most now and asked him to try again since this was certainly impossible. I told him that the pin number might have been wrong since i knew three pin numbers for one card and i didnt exactly know the correct one.

So, he tried again and i inserted the second pin to find that pin was again wrong. I asked him to try one more time and this time he told me that "Sir, this is your last chance since if you dont insert the right pin this time, your card might just hang and then you won't be able to do anything." I asked him to anyways proceed because i already didn't have much money and what more worse can it get from here. So, it was definitely worth a try.

He swiped the card and asked me to insert the pin. I prayed to god and inserted the last pin i knew.

What happened next was my bike didnt need any new petrol for quiet a long time. I was lucky at the end of the day and i again thank god for the lessons taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment